Comprehensive Plan Purpose
The City of Northwood Comprehensive Plan, originally adopted June 1992, was updated in 2004 and became effective January 1, 2005. The overall purpose of the Comprehensive Plan is to provide a document to the City which will:
- Identify locations for future growth by type of land use.
- Propose a means to preserve existing positive elements of the community.
- Provide a basis for decisions on utility extensions and expansions.
- Identify transportation-related issues which will need to be addressed.
- Preserve environmentally-sensitive areas of the city and/or protect them from destruction.
- Identify conflicts between existing land uses and propose potential resolutions.
- Provide a basis for properly planned growth and development of the community.