The Northwood Police Department employs sworn law enforcement officers and civilian employees. All available Police Officer and Dispatcher positions are filled from an eligibility list provided to the department by the Civil Service Commission of the City of Northwood. All requests for applications or employment information should be directed to the Civil Service Commission, 6000 Wales Road, Northwood, Ohio 43619.
- Candidates for appointment to either the Police Officer or Dispatcher classification must qualify within appointing range on the Civil Service eligibility list and may be involved in the following activities of the selection process:
- background investigation,
- oral interview,
- physical and psychological examinations,
- physical agility testing and drug screening.
- New employees must serve a one-year probationary period and meet residency requirements by the end of said probation.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age before the date of the Civil Service Examination.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Police Officer applicants must offer proof that at the time of appointment he or she is currently a State of Ohio Certified Peace Officer.
- Possess an Associate's Degree, or have completed 96 quarter hours or 64 semester hours towards a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- **Higher education may be substituted with five (5) years of continuous, active, full-time experience as a law enforcement officer with a Federal, State, County or Municipal agency, or department, and, at the time of appointment, he or she is currently certified for Peace Officer Employment (per Ohio R.C. 109.75 and 109.77).
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are currently recruiting for online examinations for Entry Level Patrolman with the Northwood Police Department, to be completed by Monday, July 16, 2018. We currently have two (2) openings.
Please see the Recruitment Package and Application Packet below for all the details.
The completed Application Packet and required documents (Homeland Security Declaration, Applicant Data Record, Authorization to Release Information, copy of Driver’s License, copy of Educational Degrees, or Official Transcripts, or written documentation of proof of five years of continuous full-time law enforcement experience, copy of OPOTC certificate or provide proof that he/she will be certified for peace officer employment at the time of appointment and copy of DD214 if veteran) can be emailed directly to the Civil Service Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.