Waste Collection Guidelines
As residents of Northwood, you will receive residential waste collection once per week on Monday. Curbside recycle service is offered every other week on Monday also.
Please observe the following guidelines to keep your collection service running smoothly:
- This service is for residential trash only, trash produced from/by a business will not be collected.
- Trash and recycling should be placed out at the curb by 7 a.m. on collection day.
- Bag and tie your trash inside the trash can to prevent loose trash from blowing away.
- If your trash is not in a can, it must be bagged, no boxed or lose trash will be picked up.
- Maximum can size is 35 gallons and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
- All trash must be bagged, no boxed or lose trash will be picked up.
- No drums or steel cans will be serviced.
- Place your trash within three feet of the curb in front of your residence the night before or by no later than 7:00 a.m. on service day.
- Cardboard boxes are to be broken down, and bundled if there are multiple boxes. If the box is larger than 4’ x 4’, it needs to be cut down to be no larger than that size.
*Move outs and evictions are not part of the city service. Please call Waste Management customer service to arrange for roll off container paid for by home owner.
Bulk Item Collection Service must be called in and scheduled in advance 24 hrs to our customer service team at (866) 797-9018.
Waste Management will collect bulk items on Friday’s once scheduled and in advance. If the truck picking up your regular waste leaves the bulk trash when placed out on Monday, we will dispatch a second truck to retrieve these items as described on Friday. We ask that you be patient. Bulk items are objects too large for one person to handle.
Permitted Bulk Items Include:
- Carpet – Must be cut, rolled and tied in lengths no greater than 4 feet, 40lbs max
- Appliances – Must remove appliance doors and freon.
- Large Screen TVs (42 inches and up)
- Mattresses, Box Springs and Cloth Furniture must be wrapped in plastic with duct tape to ensure the safety of our drivers due to bed bug outbreaks and to prevent them from being water logged.
- Car parts
- Propane Tanks
- Dirt, Gravel, Rock & Sod
- Riding mowers
- Concrete and cement (in any form)
- Paint cans with wet paint residue
- Oil-based Paint
- Building Material (i.e. Lumber, Drywall)
- Bricks and Roofing Material
If you are in need of a recycle bin or have question for us, please contact our customer service team at (866) 797-9018