The City of Northwood homeowners may qualify to receive a Grant for home repair or a 0% declining/deferred loan with no monthly payments through CHIP (Community Housing Impact & Preservation Program). Please complete the pre-application for the Wood County CHIP program that is used to determine basic eligibility for participation. Once completed, please return by mail to Poggemeyer Design Group, Inc. in Bowling Green, Ohio.
MORE INFORMATION ON CHIP (COMMUNITY HOUSING IMPACT & PRESERVATION)
PRE-APPLICATION FOR WOOD COUNTY CHIP
Wood County Committee on Aging- Ohio's First Nationally Accredited Senior Center
1-800-367-4935 Website: email@example.com
Since 1975, Wood County Committee on Aging has provided seniors throughout Wood County with the resources they need to maintain their independence and enjoy this season of life.
- Home delivered meals for homebound seniors.
- Medical transportation, Mon-Fri.
- Caregiver information and education.
- Loans of durable medical equipment: walkers, canes, crutches, commodes, etc.
- Homestead Tax Reduction forms.
- Home energy assistance applications.
- Golden Buckeye Card applications.
- Handicapped parking applications.
- Income Tax Preparation Assistance.
- Medicare Information
- Prescription assistance information.
- Blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol screening clinics. Current schedule can be found here.
- Health consultation.
- Referrals to support groups including: Living Through Loss, Caregiving, Parkinsons, Diabetic Interest.
- Referral to the following resources:
Ash Tree Removal Program
The WSOS Community Action Commission has an Ash Tree Removal Program to receive approval for 40% Cost Share assistance for tree removal of up to two Ash Trees. The Cost Share will be provided if you complete all requirements and will not exceed the value indicated on the approval letter following application. More Information & Application Form
- St. Charles Hospital, Oregon, Ohio located at 2600 Navarre Avenue, Oregon, OH 43616 P: 419-696-7200
Mercy Health — St. Charles Hospital offers you the high-quality healthcare you need and the compassion you deserve. Their expert doctors, nurses and caregivers are committed to helping you be well in mind, body and spirit.
Through advanced treatments and cutting-edge technology, they have been making lives better and healthcare easier for eastern Toledo since 1953.
Services they offer
- Emergency Services
- Birthing Center
- Women's Center
- Sleep Center
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Bay Park Community Hospital, Oregon, Ohio 2801 Bay Park Drive, Oregon, OH 43616 P: 419-690-7900 Founded in 2001, ProMedica Bay Park Hospital is a community hospital serving the city of Oregon, Ohio, and our rural communities east of the Maumee River. Our medical campus features:
- A state-of-the-art hospital with 72 private beds.
- A professional office building dedicated to doctors' offices and outpatient rehabilitation.
- A treatment and diagnostic center.
hallways, single-patient rooms, and an abundance of natural light. Sofa beds in patient rooms and
birthing suites, with plenty of room for baby and other family members, are just two examples of how
we put family first.
The City of Northwood Residents are encouraged to visit the newly expanded and renovated Wood County District Public Library, located at 108 North Main Street in Walbridge, Ohio. You will find a dedicated meeting room with a catering kitchen, and wide-screen, internet-connected monitors, expanded computer stations, with new software for creative and educational use, and a new 3-D printer, ADA restrooms, a walk-up book-drop on the south side of the building, a mural composed of old photographs which helps depict the village's history, the Owl's Nest tree in the children's area that honors the village's first name and familiar and friendly library staff that are eager to share the new library with you!
- Wood County District Public Library, Walbridge, Ohio Branch - 108 North Main Street, Walbridge, Ohio 43465 (419) 666-9900
- Wood County District Public Library, Bowling Green, Ohio - 251 North Main Street, Bowling Green, Ohio 43402 (419) 352-5104
- Rossford, Ohio Public Library - 720 Dixie Hwy, Rossford, Ohio 43406 (419) 666-0924
- Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, Toledo, Ohio - 325 N. Michigan St., Toledo, Ohio 43604
Health & Wellness
- Eastern Community YMCA - 2960 Pickle Road, Oregon, OH 43616 (419) 691-3523
The YMCA OF GREATER TOLEDO has an amazing opportunity to enrich the lives of thousands of children, families and individuals through programs that build spirit, mind and body. There are nine YMCA branches that offer a diverse and unique array of programs for people of all ages including child care, summer camps, arts, wellness, youth sports, aquatics and before and after school programs just ot name a few.
- 2 Racquetball/Handball Courts
- Indoor Running/Walking Track
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Water Slide
- Outdoor Baby Pool
- Diving Boards
- Full Court Gymnasium
- 2 Fitness Studios
- Group Cycling Track
- Free Weights
- Plate Loaded
- Precor® Machines
- Stationary Bikes
- Elliptical trainers
- Steam Room and Sauna
- Men and Women's Locker Rooms
- Before- and After-school Child Care
- KidZone Babysitting
- Arts and Humanities Room