Waste Collection Guidelines: As residents of Northwood, you will receive residential waste collection once per week on Monday.
NEW AUTOMATED WASTE COLLECTION SERVICE EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2021
As of February 1st the City of Northwood will be moving to automated waste collection which uses technology to create a safer and more efficient collection system for residents and drivers. 96-gallon carts will be Please begin using your cart as soon as you receive it. All waste must be bagged within the Waste Management cart and placed at the street for pickup. No additional waste outside the cart, including extra bags or personal trash cans will be picked up. To ensure that the automatic arms can lift the cart, please place the cart at least 3 feet away from parked cars, mailboxes and trees as shown below.
IMPORTANT CART PLACEMENT INFORMATION
Place your cart at least 3 feet away from all objects including your second cart, mailbox, car, or tree. The lid opening should face the street with the wheels of the cart facing your house
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SERVICE WILL BE REPLACED BY THE COUNTY DROP-OFF LOCATIONS EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2021
Residents may keep their 18-gallon recycling bin or place it inside the 96-gallon cart to be disposed. To learn about recycling options in the area, contact the Wood County Solid Waste Management District at (419) 354-9297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Recycling drop-off locations in Wood County are listed below:
- Bag and tie all trash inside the 96-gallon cart.
- Place the trash cart at the street in front of your home Sunday evening or at the curb by 7 m. Monday morning.
- No extra trash, bags or personal containers outside of the Waste Management cart will be collected.
- If you need a second cart, please call Waste Management at (866) 797-9018 to be billed directly.
Waste Management will pick up one bulk item each week at no charge. Please call Customer Service at (866) 797-9018 to schedule a pickup in advance. If the trash truck cannot pick up your bulk item and you have scheduled it, we will dispatch a second truck to collect the bulk item. Bulk items typically include:
- Carpet – cut, rolled and tied in lengths no greater than four feet
- Appliances – appliance doors and Freon must be removed, and certification tag attached.
- Large screen TVs (42 inches and up)
- Mattresses, box springs & cloth furniture – must be wrapped in plastic with duct tape to protect our drivers
- Lumber Products – bundle and tie wood in lengths no longer than 3 feet and weighing less than 40 lbs.
- The landfill will no longer accept items for free, all items will be charged.
Questions? If you have questions regarding your service, cart or payment, please contact Customer Service Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at (866) 797-9018 or email CustomerService_miohin@wm.com.