** TAX DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MAY 17, 2021 **
TAX DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MAY 17, 2021
EVERY NORTHWOOD RESIDENT MUST FILE A TAX RETURN
This is a requirement if lived in the City at any time during the year, regardless of your income status.
1. Federal 1040
When you file your tax return it is mandatory to include the following documentation:
- This would be the page that has “FORM 1040” in the top left-hand corner.
- If you filed Married File Separately (MFS) each spouse’s form must be included with the return. 2. ALL W-2(s)
- If your employer provided you multiple W-2s, be sure to include a copy of all of them. This helps ensure we obtain all wage & withholding information. 3. Schedule 1
- If applicable, additional income will be on the “SCHEDULE 1” which the name appears on the top left-hand corner of the form. 4. Schedule C, E, & F
- If applicable, the amount shown on Line(s) 3, 5, or 6 of the “SCHEDULE 1” will have additional Schedule(s) which also needs to accompany your return.
PLEASE NOTE, you should always keep a physical document for your file if you use Desktop Software, Online Tax Service, or having someone else prepare your taxes. Do not be a victim of Technology and assume your private information will be available in the future. Make sure to PRINT OUT your tax return and keep it in a safe and secured place. ALWAYS maintain a copy of the documents you gave someone in case you never get it back. YOU WILL BE AMAZED HOW VALUABLE THIS INFORMATION CAN BE WHEN YOU NEED IT!