Refuse & Recycling
Waste Management is responsible for refuse pickup for City of Northwood residents. The City has a municipal contract with WM, meaning individual residents do not have separate accounts. If you are building a new home in Northwood, you should notify Waste Management of your address to begin service, otherwise most new residents will already have the service upon moving in. Please use the provided 96-gallon cart for all refuse. PLEASE CALL WASTE MANAGEMENT DIRECTLY WITH ALL QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO REFUSE PICKUP (866)797-9018
The City does not have a curbside recycling program however we encourage residents who wish to continue to recycle to take advantage of the drop off locations in Lucas and Wood County. Please click the links below with full lists of locations!
Wood County drop-off locations & information
Lucas County drop-off locations & information
WASTE COLLECTION GUIDELINES
Residential waste will be collected weekly on Monday in the City of Northwood. Please observe the following guidelines to keep your collection service running smoothly.
- Bag and tie all trash inside the 96-gallon cart.
- Place the trash cart at the street in front of your home Sunday evening or at the curb by 7 m. Monday morning.
- No extra trash, bags or personal containers outside of the Waste Management cart will be collected.
- If you need a second or smaller cart, please call Waste Management at (866)797-9018 . One additional or smaller cart can be requested free of charge.
BULK ITEM COLLECTION
Waste Management will pick up one bulk item each week at no charge. Please call Customer Service at (866) 797-9018 or submit your request online by clicking the following link and starting a chat SUPPORT CHAT to schedule a pickup in advance. If the trash truck cannot pick up your bulk item and you have scheduled it, we will dispatch a second truck to collect the bulk item. Bulk items typically include:
- Carpet – cut, rolled and tied in lengths no greater than four feet
- Appliances – appliance doors and Freon must be removed, and certification tag attached.
- Large screen TVs (42 inches and up)
- Mattresses, box springs & cloth furniture – must be wrapped in plastic with duct tape to protect our drivers
- Lumber Products – bundle and tie wood in lengths no longer than 3 feet and weighing less than 40 lbs.
Landfill permits are issued by the City Clerk to Northwood residents during normal business hours, M-F 8am - 4:30pm. Residents must provide an ID to verify their address. The landfill permit allows for a one time/day use of Evergreen Landfill located at, 2625 E Broadway St. and must be used within 14 days from the date it was issued. You may make multiple trips within the same day with proper notification to the Evergreen Landfill employees. Landfill permits are limited to one permit per household per month.
Questions? If you have questions regarding your service, cart or payment, please contact Customer Service Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at (866) 797-9018 or email CustomerService_miohin@wm.com.